Nagiri

Full abuse in olympiad

People keep abusing the fact that you can hit through walls and through certain gaps in oly. Mages hit you with slow spells through walls, elders rooting you and you get a 'cannot see target' message while they can hit you. Either fix it or just disable olympiad.

Thats how l2 should work. U could be able shot thru broken chain in gargoyle arena. Also when cast is in some point (i bet 75-80%) it should not be canceled by loosing target behind a terrain.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, Nagiri said:

People keep abusing the fact that you can hit through walls and through certain gaps in oly. Mages hit you with slow spells through walls, elders rooting you and you get a 'cannot see target' message while they can hit you. Either fix it or just disable olympiad.

This sounds like a ping problem.  Given that you are posting in English and this is a Russian server, I'm guessing you are at a ping disadvantage.  Also ping helping programs like BattlePing and WTFast are blocked by SmartGuard, so GG there.

You have to play a class that can handle ping disadvantage better - i.e. not a melee without a gap close; and something that has durability.  You should have thought of this before you started.

Play a mage or healer for best results.

Edited by iodine

On 4/6/2019 at 10:36 AM, szychaa said:

Thats how l2 should work. U could be able shot thru broken chain in gargoyle arena. Also when cast is in some point (i bet 75-80%) it should not be canceled by loosing target behind a terrain.

So basically every range character must have a full advantage of the fact that they can cast on a certain range while the melee chars are trying to reach them by going around walls and gaps. And the fact that a warlord for example can't cast shock blast or an archer that can cast any short of shots at the same area that a mage or an elder/bp can cast a spell because of range disadvantage is, i guess according to you, the way l2 should work. My spells are cancelled every single time at a 0.5 to 1 second cast time before the cast ends but mages are actually fast enough to cast it and that is the way the arena is abused.

Sounds very fair doesn't it?

On 4/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, iodine said:

This sounds like a ping problem.  Given that you are posting in English and this is a Russian server, I'm guessing you are at a ping disadvantage.  Also ping helping programs like BattlePing and WTFast are blocked by SmartGuard, so GG there.

You have to play a class that can handle ping disadvantage better - i.e. not a melee without a gap close; and something that has durability.  You should have thought of this before you started.

Play a mage or healer for best results.

What you saying makes no sense at all.

1)There is no such thing as ping disadvantage because of different proxies that the server provides and i never mentioned that there is  ping/lag issue. If i had such thing it would be different and i wouldn't be talking about people that can shoot skills through walls. I can see the difference between a skill not seen because of delay/lag and the fact that there are gaps in oly that are used so people can hit someone freely.

2)The fact that you recommend playing a mage or healer for best results is in fact the whole problem of the abuse. Those classes are the only classes that can abuse the gaps (ESPECIALLY against melee classes) and it has nothing to do with ping or whatever. The casting time that those classes have allow them to cast skills and not be interrupted if you shoot them through walls, compared to fighter classes.  So you wanna tell me i should play something for the sake of shooting skills in oly because, i guess like the above person mentioned, this is how l2 should work?

3) I post on the English forum because 99% of the people here don't know how to speak English, server is not just Russians and i don't speak Russian. The server is advertised as international and claims to have people from all over the world on the actual front page. If it didn't, i don't see the point of having proxies either. Should have kept it Russian but it doesn't make a difference to the international community because it's mostly Russians. Good luck trying to explain things to them in English.

• Like 1

"1)There is no such thing as ping disadvantage because of different proxies that the server provides and i never mentioned that there is  ping/lag issue. If i had such thing it would be different and i wouldn't be talking about people that can shoot skills through walls. I can see the difference between a skill not seen because of delay/lag and the fact that there are gaps in oly that are used so people can hit someone freely."

This literally makes no sense.  I absolutely have a different ping than Russians.  Why would you even say that?  It's obvious and just physical distance.  The proxies do not equalize ping, I'm not sure where you got that idea.  It sounds like all of the assumptions I made were spot on; class, location, ping, etc.

It's game mechanics about shooting around corners, and it is ping related.  Play on L2 official with 10- ping and that does not happen.  It has to do with the server's lag in communicating with your client.  As the server sees it, you were not line of sighted, but by the time you see them hitting you you were; and so on.   It is possible that the "mechanics" for physical skills and magic are different, which could result in different line of sight equations.  That may be what you mean, in more precise terms.

Edited by iodine

On 5/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, Magyukfyr said:

IMHO the most disbalancing things on oly are augmentations and OE (more than 6) equipment.

That's how the game is supposed to be.

Olympiad is a contest of organization, efficiency, and (least) player skill.  It's not meant to be an arena match with even odds may the lowest ping/best player win.  It's far more interesting this way, because strategy is king, not gear or mechanical skill.

You just need someone running olympiad who has experience on a real server where Olympiad was hyper competitive for years :) 

Edited by iodine